Alaska Children's Academy
Wasilla's Choice for Daycare and Preschool
Alaska Children's Academy Owner Operator
I believe you have a right to be aware of all adults that are on the premises or who are employed by Alaska Children's Academy. All adults on premises, even if they are only there occasionally, take annual First Aid and CPR and are trained in food safety, child abuse and positive guidance and have 100% clear background checks.
- More than 20+ years of progressive early childcare experience and small business ownership.
- Magna Cum Laude graduate with Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Development.
- Certificate in Early Childhood Development, University of Southern Maryland, 19 January 2006.
- Letter in Early Childhood Development May 15, 2003, University of Southern Maryland.
- CDA - 12 Years
- Program Accredited - 13 years
- Received 'Provider of the Year' award in 2002.
- Awarded the 'Teamwork' award 8/27/98
- Awarded the 'Age Appropriate Activities' award 1/25/1999
- Awarded the 'Provider of the Quarter' 7 consecutive years 2001-2007
- Nominated for 'Provider of the Year' by multiple parents, inspectors and other providers; 6 years in a row. (2001-2007)
- Cared for more than 300 children over the last 20+ years.
- Developed automated menu, activity schedule, monthly billing and tax system for daycare parents.
- First Childcare provider for the Pacific Air Command to obtain Accreditation Status.
- First Childcare provider for USAFE Command to obtain Accreditation Status.
- Assigned Mentor for 6 childcare providers at Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
- Program selected to be taped for Army Europe childcare training video by Bonnie Phelps, First Chairperson, and Association for Young Children Europe. 90 minute film. April 2004.
- Selected to participate in NAFCC Introduction to Accreditation national campaign video. Minneapolis Minnesota 17-18 July 2001
- Program selected to appear in AFN commercial promoting childcare in KMC area. 2006.
- Awarded 'Provider of Quarter' 2008 and 2011 Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Member of the National Association for Family Childcare.
- Infant and Child CPR
- Nursing Experience.
- Solid References.
- Smoke and Alcohol Free
- Committed to continuing Education.
Courses taken have included:
- Children with Special Needs
- Children's Literature and the Language Arts
- Child Care Administration
- Child Growth and Development
- Guiding Young Child Behavior
- Communication and the Pre School Child
- Diversity in the Child Care Setting
- Tax Planning for Child Care Programs
- Cooperative Education I & II
Additional Training Included
- Autism Conference
- Head Start Program in FCC
- Annual Fire, Safety, Health, Playground Safety and Positive Guidance Certification
- Customer service training
- Annual CPR and First Aid Certification (Current)